Arkles Bay Mid Winter Swim
The infamous Arkles Bay Mid Winter Swim is back for the fourth year! This community event raises funds to help Harbour Hospice provide a wide range of services to our patients, their family and whanau within the Hibiscus Coast community.
There are a number of ways you can throw your support behind this great event, here’s how:
- Are you a keen bather and believe winter is just a state of mind? Then click here to create your very own Arkles Bay Fundraising page.
- Not such a keen swimmer? Or up for the dip but not the admin? Then click here and hit the ‘Give Now’ button for a faster way to contribute to this worthy cause. Please use ‘Arkles Bay Swim’ as the reference.
Now for the really important bit
- Plan your attire! Get the wackiest dress-up costume you can think of together (a $5-$10 spend at your local Hospice Shop is highly recommended!)
- Acclimatise yourself with some cold showers - you don’t want to have heart failure when you take the plunge
- Practice your sprint to the sea (whilst retaining a brave face!)
This event will go ahead rain, hail or shine.
For more information visit http://everydayhero.co.nz/event/arklesswim
www.facebook.com/Arklesbaywidwinterswim or contact Harbour Hospice events on 09 421 9180.